Friday, August 22, 2014

Is it Necessary to use Makeup Brush Cleaner on your Makeup Brushes?

Obviously you need to clean your makeup brushes, but do you need to buy makeup brush cleaner? The answer is no. 

I usually use cheap shampoo to wash out the makeup on my brushes. It doesn't really matter what kind; however, I would suggest something that's more clarifying because this will help break up the oils in the makeup.

Honestly, I have always wanted to purchase makeup brush cleaner because I heard that it makes your brushes smell like vanilla or lemon, but it's pretty pricy for a tiny bottle. I haven't found anything reasonable that I wouldn't have to order online... which I don't really want to do unless I know and trust the seller. 

Recently at Sephora I was given a sample of the BeautyBlender BlenderCleanser and I really like it. It's good for brushes not just BeautyBlenders. It retails for $17.95 for 6 oz, which is actually pretty decent. It doesn't make your brushes smell like vanilla or lemon, but it does break up the makeup what seems like instantaneously with little effort. Also, a little goes a long way so the 6 oz will last a long time. 

Below is a before after picture using the BeautyBlender BlenderCleanser.

Before:

After:

BeautyBlender BlenderCleanser (Sample Size):

A $5 bottle of shampoo is still cheaper than $17.95 so I don't know if I'll switch over after I finish the sample, but it does work very well.

I hope you enjoyed this and thought it was helpful! Thank you for reading and please come back! Also comment letting me know what else you would like to see!

Have a sparkly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment