Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wen Cleansing Conditioner Review

So the first time I tried Wen was about a year and a half ago. I got the set on Sephora that comes with the cleansing condition, hair treatment (mask), and treatment spay in the Sweet Almond scent.
Thats when I fell in love with Wen!
Don't get me wrong, I was skeptical and thought it was kinda strange at first. I wasn't even sure if I liked it.
First of all, Wen cleansing condition describes itself as a "5-in-1 formula...takes the place of your shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangled and leave-in conditioner." The directions say to use 10-16 pumps for short hair, 16-24 for medium length hair, and 24-32 for long hair. This is simply outrageous for a product that is $32 for 16 fl oz in my opinion. If you followed those instructions the product won't last you very long. 

Now, I have used this product several different ways. 
Though I have never used the full amount it has told me for my hair, I have coated my hair from root to tip using only this to clean my hair. It works well this way; however, I only liked doing this for a short while. 
Another way I like using this is as a leave in conditioner. I normally use a spray-on leave in conditioner after I wash my hair, but sometimes after I get out of the shower I'll take a small amount of this (1 pump) and work it through my hair. It works very well, making your hair soft and smooth.
However, the best way I like to use this product (and the way I use it a majority of the time) is simply as a conditioner. I use a shampoo only on my scalp, wash it out, then use the Wen from root to tip, then take a deep conditioner on the tips of my hair. This way I get benefits from Wen, while making it last for as long as possible. 

I have only tried the Sweet Almond and Cucumber Aloe (which is my fave). I have repurchased this product several times and I know I will purchase it again in the future.
If you would like to order the product yourself, I'll put a link to it here.
Below I have included a picture of the box, the ingredients list, and the product.




Thank you! I hope you enjoyed this and come back! Please comment saying what else you would like to see!

Have a sparkly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment