Monday, September 15, 2014

Recruitment Ready Pt 1: Taking Care of Yourself

Recruitment is a crazy time and it's easy to neglect yourself during the week leading up to recruitment. These are my top five must do's before recruitment that will make you feel better internally and externally. 

1. Face Masks

When you're stressed or exhausted it shows on your face through your skin. Your skin maybe dull or breaking out and a face mask can help with that. It doesn't have to be expensive, there are some great DIY ones that you can do. Here's some great ideas by Michelle Phan:


Or Skinfood has some great sheet masks that are cheap (my fave is the Thermal Water one and it's only $1.50). If you're a high end girl, my fave for your pores is the Orginins Active Charcoal Mask, $25, and for dullness I would suggest the Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask (sounds kind of gross, but it's not), $45.  A great deal in my mind is the Peter Thomas Roth mask trio set where you get 3 masks for $45, I did a blog post on that a while ago and I'll link it here if you're interested, but that way you can still get the high end without feeling like a complete waste.


2. Teeth

Teeth are super important and it's one of the first features I notice about a person. From a psychological stand point, the smile is the most important facial feature that we have so it's important that we keep it looking good. My favorite way to whiten my teeth is with the Crest Whitening Strips. You could use whitening tooth paste or try your hand with baking soda. Remember to also floss because your don't want food between your teeth when you go to talk to a PNM. The most important thing to remember though is to stay hydrated because if you are dehydrated this will give you bad breath and no PNM wants to smell your nasty breath.


3. Eyebrows

Eyebrows are also important. My suggestion is to just make them look decent. You don't want to be the girl with two bushy caturpillars on her face. Not saying big eyebrows are bad because they can be done well, just keep them controlled. It can be as easy as standing in the mirror with a pair of tweezers (don't get carried away) or going to a salon and getting them threaded. You could get them waxed, but personally I wouldn't recommend it because you're trying to do something precise with something messy. Here's a great video to help you out:


4. Airborne

Now recruitment is a time when a lot of girls will get sick because we're shaking hands with a ton of PNM's and we are stuck in a room together for hours and hours. It's important to give your immune system a boost and you should start now! I use Airborne a lot as well as Zinc supplements. You could also be taking Emercen C. Drinking orange juice can be good as long as it isn't full of sugar, but it's actually better to eat broccoli because it actually contains more Vitamin C then oranges.


5. Sleep

Sleep is one of the most important things you need to get enough of this week. If you aren't getting your sleep you're going to look tired and have a hard time getting through those long recruitment days. Being sleep deprived can also weaken your immune system and as I just said, you don't want to get sick. It can be hard to get in a full nights worth of sleep, but at least try. You'll feel better if you do


These are all my tips! I hope you liked them and they're helpful for you! Let's make recruitment awesome and welcome so many new girl into our chapter. I'll be posting another post this week about makeup. If you want to see any of the video's I was posting last semester I'll link the playlist here.

Have a sparkly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment